Monday, April 11, 2005

Back in the Swing of Things...

Just a quick post to show the beginnings of the kitty pi bed, being closely guarded by it's eventual owner. This is my first ever piece using dpns, so I felt I needed to record it, even though I'm about to switch to the circulars. Once I got a few rounds in, I didn't feel so much like I had no fingers and was all thumbs, and really started enjoying it. Hmmmm, maybe there will be socks in my future after all?

Missy Pi Bed

Oh, and the ripple down effect from enjoying this piece of straight forward knitting is that miraculously when I picked up the beaded bag (see previous post), it suddenly didn't look so bad (I had felt it looked very uneven and EXTREMELY amateurish), and would you beleive it, after another ten rows, it is really flowing along, and with the weight of the beads, seems to have evened out and is sitting quite nicely, thank you very much!

4 Comments:

Blogger General Ginger said...

Congratulations on using dpns. It just takes a bit of practice thats all. Of course socks are in your future! They seem to be in the future of all knitters even me who put it off for years....

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the colour you're using - very becoming for Missy :))

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does Missy think of the new bed? Susie

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just came across your blog and love your spiral scarf (as well as your adorable Lama). Could you tell me where you got the patterns for these two projects?

Thanks!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home