Sunday, March 13, 2005

Maki Maki...Fini Fini

Well, can you believe that the Maki scarf (Rowan Mag 36) was finished back in November, and I have been avoiding weaving in the ends since then. WHY? This morning it took me 45mins. Hmmmm, the universe giving me ANOTHER lesson in the psychology of procrastination? Here is a photo pre-blocking (it is pinned to the bed right now). It was my first ever crochet project. Yes, crazy, I know, to choose a project in such fine yarn, but luckily I had a great teacher who encouraged me, rather than dulling my enthusiasm by telling me I should start with something 'more suitable for a beginner' [read: something I wasn't really interested in]. The colour doesn't show very well- it is Rowan Kid Silk Haze in Dewberry.

On knitting, I started clapotis...and it (is it a he or a she? I can't decide) is just rocking along. So much fun to knit. I've just dropped my first row of stitches, so photos of that next...

Maki Before Blocking

And a close up of the motif...

Maki Close Up

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never blocked a thing in my life.. both the pasta scarf and the crochet look great. I'd like to try the crochet - i have just finished my first project beyond granny squares - which I love. The string cushion is lookin' good.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Maki crochet pattern is so beautifully done! Have you seen the shawl in Jo Sharp's "Village" pattern book called Nouveau. I love that one, too. But I can't crochet (yet).
I took a look at your Latifa. Georgeous.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home