Monday, February 21, 2005

Not So Secret Any More....

Well, finally, here it is...a felted bag knitted in the 'Domino' style, following Vivian Hoxbro's pattern which you'll find at the bottom of this page. I'm really kicking myself, as I had taken the obligatory 'before' photo prior to tossing it in the washing machine. After downloading, I deleted the images from the camera, before doublechecking they had downloaded properly...you know the rest. Oh well, a mistake you only make once (hopefully)...Here is the finished product:

Domino Bag

I am hoping to add some decorative buttons, like they have on the pattern picture...it will be a little while until I can get to the shops, and see if they have something that would look good. If I find some, I'll post another picture. Anyway, I really enjoyed making this, and learning the new technique.This is more of a trial run- I used yarn I had on hand, as it was my first project using the mitered squares, and I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Well, I do, and am planning on making a slightly modified version using these colours:

Jaeger Spring Colours

I'd like to make a couple of different sizes- one longer, and not as high, and another a little bigger...I think the style lends itself really well to a laptop bag, with a few modifications...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!

You're so clever!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole lot of silly stuff going on but I have seen the whole site today and will let you know how tomorrow goes with the girls

lots of love mum

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home