Sunday, April 03, 2005

I Must Be(ad) Crazy....

Clapotis is finished! Woo Hoo! I haven't woven the ends yet, and I do want to give it a light blocking, so photos at a later date. What next? Here are the ingredients for my next project:

Purse Kit

It's a beaded purse (Diana) from purse paradise. I am desperately trying NOT to buy more yarn at the moment, so am working on projects I already have yarn for. I bought this kit a while ago, and decided it will be a relatively mindless knit to balance out Karis, who has been laguishing in the bottom of my bag for sometime now. The good thing about the purse is, as it is knitted on #000 needles, I won't be able to knit continuously for too long, as I'll develop a clawed hand. The theory, therefore, is that I will be forced to pick up Karis to give my hands a break. I've only experimented briefly with beads before, once on one of the trims from Rowan mag 36, and then some wrist cuffs like this one, which I really enjoyed...

Beaded Cuff

I started the cuffs after seeing the gorgeous patterns by Susanna at Acorn Street Shop. Quick & fun to knit, and a good intro to beading. We'll see how I feel after starting the purse!

PS: Apologies for the terrible post title!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the most prolific knitter I know!! Love the look of the bag to be
:)susiestitchwitch

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least your beads are already strung on hanks. I'm the crazy one who just hand strung 1400 beads! I think it will be a lovely project.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home