Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Weekend...

A great relaxing weekend...lots of knitting time and catching up on 24. This morning I went to the Antique Fair a few blocks from my apartment. Lots of stuff, although I thought it was either pretty crappy or fairly overpriced. I did find some sewing related stuff- some vintage transfers ($1) I want to use for Christmas presies, and a great old tin full of a gorgeous variety of old sewing needles stil in the original packages ($2.50). Too tired to take photos at this point, instead, here's what I managed to start and finish on Friday night:

Attempt #1 Prior to Felting Cloche..

I didn't have a pattern, so just sort of knit until I thought it was a good time to decrease. I've already felted it, and it is a little big, so I might have to give it another go.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Oh, and that's my ultra-rad Voltron you can see protecting the hat. He was $2 at Village Thrift, and I had to fight off three 6-year olds on my way to the checkout. It was worth it- he looks great above the fireplace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why wasn't I taken to Village Thrift?

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I was the lucky one ------ I got taken to Village Thrift a couple of times and it is one of my favourite places. Guess I am one lucky mother!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home