Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thinking....

Today I was thinking about all the things I want to start and get done. I am really hoping that besides a record of my projects and other comings & goings, the blog will motivate me to keep moving forward and complete projects, as well as expand my skills. As I mentioned in the last post, in addition to all the knitting and projects, I also have the craft “room” to pull together. A desk has been purchased. Very plain, very simple, versatile and as large as the space will accommodate. Meet Mikael, from Ikea.

Mikael

Now I have the ‘bones' of the room in place, and the shelving unit reconfigured, I just need to get cracking on the ‘prettying up’ of things. Here’s the full list. I’ve decided I will add this list to the side bar of the blog to inspire me to get to it! A lot are fairly simple, but require a quick trip to the hardware shop, which I may not be able to make until next week, given that this weekend is our annual trip to Wisconsin for the Sun Prairie Sweet Corn festival.

Craft Room Prep:

Get the wall shelves mounted
Build a notice board (Homasote)
Make sewing machine cover
Curtain to cover HVAC door
Chair cushion and/or cover
Flat curtain for shelving unit
Thread holders
Cover and/or label boxes
Buy Hanging Lamp
Smile & Enjoy!

Finally, I LOVE this:

IK Babette Crochet Blanket

It is the Babette crochet blanket from IK Crochet Spring 2006. The blurb says it is inspired by Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy, but when I look at it the first thing that comes to mind is Klimt. It would be such a good 'TV project'..something repetitive and mindless for the coming winter. Unfortunately, the approximate cost of this using the recommended Koigu is in the vicinty of $270. As if I don't have enough to do, I might make it my ongoing mission to source similar colours of a different [cheaper] yarn..not that I don't love koigu, but that is A LOT, not to mention, I havce found it hard to get, even on back order, here in Chicago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is gorgeous. Klimt sprang to mind straight away for me too. I'm glad you posted that pic because as I was reading all about project craft room I was starting to feel my hives itching and the need for another bex! In saying that aren't lists wonderful things?

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home